- Quick bayonet coupling
- Contact protection
- Audible, sensitive and visual mating check
- EMI shielding
- MIL-DTL-38999 or HE standard part numbering
- 8LT or 8T part numbering for commercial cost effective solution
Key features and benefits
MIL-DTL-38999 Series I & II Connectors
8LT and 8T series are suited to withstand the most severe requirements of aerospace industries and military applications such as civil and military aerospace, communication equipment, ballistic missiles & weapon systems, tanks, test equipment.
- 8T connectors (MIL-DTL-38999 series II compliant) provide an extreme compact solution which fits all the box architecture and offers a real place optimization. With a large contact layout (from 1 to 28 contacts), 11 different shells available and 43 layouts (from size 8 to 24), 8T connectors address applications requiring high-density connection systems. 8T connectors are available with RoHS plating (black zinc nickel).
- 8LT connectors (MIL-DTL-38999 series I compliant) offer a large selection of contact arrangements, similar design to 38999 series III, with maximum weight and space savings. 8LT connectors are available with RoHS plating (cadmium free).
8LT and 8T connectors offer concrete RoHS alternative to cadmium. Esterline Connection Technologies - SOURIAU has more than 10 years of experience in producing Zn Ni with continuous improvements to comply with military and aerospace harsh environment conditions. Our Zn Ni connectors are the first one to be qualified by US Defense standards organization (DLA Land and Maritime). It provides the most cost effective solution for a cadmium alternative finish.
SOURIAU-SUNBANK also offers a range of aluminum, composite and stainless steel connector backshells avialable in a range of platings, sizes and shapes.
Examples of application field
8T & 8LT connectors have been designed to meet the extreme environment needs of the aerospace and military industries.
Similar Product Ranges
Yes, Sunbank offers accessories suitable for MIL-DTL-28999 Series II.
8T series uses contacts of size #22D, #20, #16 and #12.
The 8T series uses the same pin contacts as the 8LT and 8D series. The socket contacts are shorter than the 8LT and the 8D socket contacts and are available with their own partnumbers.
The shell size of 8T is expressed in even numbers. There are 9 different shell sizes available starting with shell size 08 and ending with shell size 24.
Souriau 8T Series is qualified to the MIL-DTL-38999 Series II and HE 309, QPL listed with appropriate product identification MS or HE309.
Yes the 8LT series comprises a Rack and Panel Version to support easy and fast connection without any coupling / uncoupling of a float mounting and a fixed unit. For the 8LT Rack and Panel version a separate catalogue is available.
Yes, Sunbank offers accessories suitable for MIL-DTL-28999 Series I.
8LT series uses all the major contacts sizes from size #22D, #20, #16 and #12 to size #8 and size #4. Quadrax-Layouts are also available.
The pin contacts are the same but the socket contacts of 8T series are shorter.
In terms of coupling and uncoupling force the shell size 9 of 8LT series is equal to shell size 8 of 8T series and so forth.
The shell size of 8LT is expressed in uneven numbers, there are 9 different shell sizes available starting with shell size 09 and ending with shell size 25.
As the dimensions of both connector series are different both series can’t be interchanged 1:1. The front panel cut outs must be observed for each shell size and foe each shell type.
No, thus both series have got a bayonet locking mechanism, 8LT series is scoop proof whereas 8T series is non-scoop proof with a low profile design. Both series are not intermateable.
Souriau 8LT Series is qualified to the MIL-DTL-38999 Series I and HE 308, QPL listed with appropriate product identification MS or HE308.