- Class 1E
- RCC-E K2/K3 qualified
- Quick connect, bayonet type
- High sealing level for water submergence
- Integrated cable clamp
Key features and benefits
The 8N45 series is a RCC-E K2 qualified nuclear grade connector range. Thanks to robust stainless steel shells and high sealing performances, this range is designed to work for the all life of a nuclear power plant.
Designed with a ¼ turn bayonet coupling, 8N45 connectors are suited to operate safely during normal and seismic conditions in various applications in the reactor containment buildings.
SOURIAU supplies more than one hundred reactors in service worldwide (France, UK, Germany, USA, South Africa, Japan and China) with reliable qualified products.
- Mating / Unmating effort: 0,12 daN.m
- Endurance: 500 mating / unmating
- Operating Basis Earthquake (OBE): 3g ZPA
- Safe Shutdown Earthquake (SSE): 6g ZPA
- Vibration (Sine): 5g, 10 to 2000Hz, 3.5 mm
- Ambient temperature: -10 to +70°C (14 to 158°F)
- Max temperature: 85°C (185°F)
- Ambient humidity: 75% max.
- Cumulated radiation: 250 kGy (25 MRads) / 70°C (158°F)
- Dry heat test: 40°C (104°F) / 93% HR / 504h
- Salt spray resistance: 168h
- Protection against water penetration: IP 68
- Qualified lifetime: 40 years