- Two contact sizes: #12 (Ø2.4mm) and #8 (Ø3.6mm)
- Possible to combine within the same connector signal and power lines
- High conductive copper alloy body combined with two plating offers
Key features and benefits
The 8291 contact series is composed of two contact sizes: #12 (Ø2.4mm) contacts for application up to 26 Amperes and #8 (Ø3.6mm) contacts for applications requiring up to 44 Amps.
Thanks to this power contact offering and dedicated connector layout, you can combine within the same connector signal and power lines. We can also offer dedicated connector and contacts for power lines for 2 + earth or 3 phases power connections when you want to dissociate signal and power.
High electrical performances are guaranteed thanks to a high conductive copper alloy body combined with two plating offers: gold over nickel plating or silver plating.
Pin and socket contacts are solid machined crimp snap-in and sockets for high performance levels.
Need help deciding on the type of contact to purchase? Read our experts' top tips in our guide on How to choose the right contacts.
- Contact resistance: <5mΩ
- Current rating: 26 Amp for #12 (Ø2.4mm) and 44 Amp for #8 (Ø3.6mm)
- Contact retention force in the connector body: 75 N
Examples of application field
8291 contact series are used for connectores suited for harsh environmental conditions.