- Operating temperature range: -40° +125°C
- Salt spray : 500h
- IP67 in mated condition (static and dynamic)
- Compliant to International Fire Smoke standard :
- EN 45545 : HL3/R22
- NFPA 130
- Durability : 500 mating/unmating cycles
- Shock and vibration resistance acccording to EN 61 373 - Cat.2
- Resistance to fluids: Gas oil, mineral oil, acid bath, basic bath, following NF F 61-030, oxalic acid
- RoHS and REACH compliant
Key features and benefits
Fire-Smoke Certified Railway Connectors
The VGE1 1/3 bayonet coupling series was designed for railway equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, signaling and infrastructure companies. Robust and ruggedized, VGE1 connectors are suited for 500 mating and unmating cycles and are derived from MIL-DTL-5015 and VG95234 standards.
With only a 1/3 twist of the bayonet, connectors are mated with an audible click and tactile feel to confirm proper mating. This mating system eliminates uncertain connection and reduces time and labor during installation.
The VGE1 connectors are resistant to salt spray as well as high vibrations and adapted for outdoor applications such as rolling stock or infrastructure equipment.
Available with electrical contacts, quadrax and fiber optic technologies in the same shell design; you can customize VGE1 connectors to your application needs.
These solutions are qualified according international railway standards: EN50467, EN45545, NFPA 130, RoHS and REACH.